- Production engineer (manufacturing plant) – Saint Gobain 1992 – 1995
- Head of Industry department – Bureau Veritas Portugal 1995 – 2002
- Project manager (HSEQ and IT systems) – Angola (Cacuaco refinery) 2002 – 2003
- Head OF HSEQ Total Portugal 2003 – 2008
- Head of HSEQ management systems & quality – TE France 2008 – 2014
- Head of management systems, health & hygiene, training and quality TE MS Africa 2014 – 2016
- Head of department at HSE audits division (One HSE) TotalEnergies, SE 2016 – …..
- Graduated in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in “Applied thermodynamics” “Instituto Superior Técnico” Lisbon (1990). BAC+5 equivalent.
- Post-graduation in Quality Engineering at ISQ – Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade, with final project on Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), with practical application in Taguchi’s Methodology applied to automotive industry (1993).
Certified trainer for QS 9000 sanctioned training program (Ford, Chrysler and GM) in the following countries: Portugal, Spain, Check Republic, Hungary, Malaysia and Singapore (1995 to 2001).
HSE training development and deployment worldwide for Bureau Veritas (1995 to 2003) and TotalEnergies (2003 up to now). Main training areas : management systems, risk management, process and management system auditing, works safety; emergency preparedness and Crisis management; SPC (Statistical Process Control); QFD (Quality Function Deployment); TOP 8: 8 disciplines; Taguchi methodology; Functional analysis.
- 31 years’ experience in international O&G industry and industry-leading testing, inspection and certification services. Leading responsibilities in project management in several industry segments (automotive, refining and distribution, environment, civil works, natural gas distribution networks).
- Extensive experience (27 years) in HSE management (development, deployment and auditing HSE processes) as well as in HSE training development.
- Last 10 years involved with the development of HSE management systems (according to the MAESTRO framework), first for MS Branch and later at Company level.
- Large international work experience, field missions accomplished more than 60 different countries around the world, mainly for auditing and for training.